Know Your Triggers & Take Control
Feel Energised, Healthy & Strong
It is important that you have a good understanding of what may trigger of your stress / anxiety level.
Then you’re in a better position to reduce, deal and even prevent it.
It can be helpful to have some action plan or tasks you can undertake before or during an episode of a stressful or anxiety period.
You may not always solve the issue but you can reduce, deal at certain times to make things more comfortable and manageable and to hopefully overcome – be prepared.
So we can look at some key things that can be helpful and to consider.
16 Strengthening Tips
- If possible, remove yourself from the environment that you’re in and take some timeout. Even for just 10 to 15 minutes.
- A relaxation exercise to calm your nervous, just breathe in deeply for the count of 4, then breathe out slowly for the count of 5, lowering your shoulders as you do, repeat this process once or twice more or as you need, easy but effective
- Stress balls are great for *concentration *anxiety *blood pressure *arthritis. They can improve our mental health. Use stress balls at work, home and everywhere in between.
- Sit when opportunities allow with people you know, trust and understand.
- Sit in a room where you feel more relaxed, with space and if needed by a door or window for fresh air and for going out if needed.
- If you don’t feel like talking, then just listen and add to the conversation as you feel is right for you.
- Remove yourself away from things or people that may trigger of the symptoms.
- Keep a diary or logbook, notes about the things that have worked well and when you have been able to reduce or overcome problems or issues. Building confidence and self-esteem can and will reduce issues. Refer to these notes as / when needed as a reminder to overcoming these obstacles.
- Take up a hobby or sport, try yoga, going to the gym or swimming or cycling to get away from everyday pressures and the strain. Or brisk walks for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Your health is paramount. Give yourself some regular self-time to relax and unwind and recharge. Include a good amount of regular sleeping time.
- Consider meditation or listening to soothing music at regular intervals to combat the stress / anxiety.
- Avoid bottling up your feelings. Use self-talk, coaching or counselling.
- Turn negativity, or negative thoughts into positive steps, think and be positive.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day [avoid being dehydrated].
- Keep with a regular healthy and nutritious meals.
- Accept a compliment as you know you will have deserved it, you know you are great.
When possible visit a place that you find therapeutic, stress free, where you can feel some calm, where you can relax, unwind and have some quality time.
- Keeping a diary or logbook will help focus on clues for any diagnoses.
- Talking about the triggers will assist in preventing such stress & anxiety.
- Connect with positive people and have a good supporting network.
- Accept what you can’t change.
Set-up a successful workshop with clients using the Oakleaf Enterprise, charity in Guildford, Surrey.
Participants achieved learning skills, steps and techniques that can reduce, overcome and prevent stress & anxiety.
Participants given handouts and an action plan to implement.
The atmosphere was relaxed, with participants sharing experiences and new friendships built within the group.
Call to Action
Energise your life strategy
Meditation Sessions [Boosting Wellbeing]
Head, Neck & Shoulder Massage [Relieves Stress & Tension]
[One-to-One or Group Sessions / Workshop]
“More smiling, less worrying.”